Connectors are successful professionals with well-established networks in Northwestern Ontario.
- Enjoy making introductions and connecting people
- Have listening skills and can give supportive and effective feedback
- Be open minded and interested in creating diverse and inclusive workplaces
- Have a desire to support new trained professionals and newcomers to the community to build their network by sharing contacts from your network
- Meet with a Connectee for a one hour informational meeting
- Listen, ask questions, and share up-to-date sector knowledge and trends
- After the meeting, provide the Connectee with three relevant contact in their industry within two weeks.
It’s then up to the Connectees to follow up with Connectors and begin to develop their professional networks.
While we encourage Connectors to build relationships beyond the first meeting, this is not a mentoring program. The goal of the Northwest Connector Program is to create networking opportunities.
Benefits of being a Connector
- Gain the sense of achievement of helping people build careers in Northwestern Ontario
- Be seen as a professional or organization who values and supports diverse and emerging talents
- Bring value to your network by connecting people who could benefit from knowing each other
- Increase awareness about your organization and industry
- Contribute to a program that leads to greater community engagement and encourages a culture of inclusion and collaboration
Significance of being a Connector
Through your meeting and referrals, Connectees will:
- Gain professional suggestions from different perspectives
- Improve their understanding of the local labour market
- Grow their professional network to accelerate the job search in their chosen field
Most importantly, grow their self-esteem and confidence
Hear what Connectors from across the country say about being involved.
Sign Up Now!